Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Kahlua Pecan Pie with Honey Whiskey Whipped Cream

Pecan pie has always been my favorite. Well, that and pumpkin pie. They are in very close competition. I'd never really made pie myself before, and decided if I'm going to claim it as my favorite dessert it is probably about time that I make it myself. My grandparents have a pecan tree in their yard, and would send my family big freezer bags full of pecans, but now that I'm not living with my parents I missed these pecans and got my own share when we went and visited this summer. I've been super excited about making pecan pie, when I came across a recipe for Kahlua Pecan Pie! Mind. blown.
Soon after finding this recipe, I happened to find the worlds most adorable pie pan at Target, so I knew it was meant to be. This pie must be made.
Kahlua Pecan Pie
Kahlua Pecan Pie
Kahlua Pecan Pie
Since I'd never made pie before, of course I didn't make up my own recipe. Here are the recipes I used, which I think turned out wonderfully.
The pie crust recipe is from here.
The pie filling recipe is from here. Also, I may have used Kamora instead of Kahlua. Kahlua is expensive, and it still worked.
And the whipped cream recipe is from here- but instead of brandy I used honey whiskey. (I would highly recommend it). And while you're using honey whiskey, can I recommend a fall cocktail?

Kahlua Pecan Pie
Kahlua Pecan Pie
Kahlua Pecan Pie
Enjoy! 
-a clover & a bee
Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

Gina said...

looks delicious and the pictures are amazing!

Lisa said...

Oh YUM! and congratulations on your first pie!

xo Lisa | Making Life's Lemons

Anne @ Webicurean said...

That's some good looking pie! and you're right, that dish is adorable! Thanks for sharing! :)

Post a Comment