Thursday, August 8, 2013

Flashback: The beginning of our plant obsession

DSC_5201 005 potted plant garden 1DSC_5199 1DSC_5190-horz
Lately I have been walking around our apartment marveling at all of our little plants growing in their pots. I admit, there is a slight tinge of terror when I think about someday moving out and having to carry each and every plant back out of this place, though I love my plants all the same. 

The other day I stumbled upon these photos taken last year of Erin and I planting our first potted plant garden. Back when Erin had shoulder length hair that was pink at the ends and I had no bangs and hair half way down my back. We planted that garden with high hopes that it would feed us all summer long. Each and every one of those plants died that summer though-perhaps it was the many days of 100 degree weather and our lack of motivation to water! Still, I can't help but feel like this is when our obsession with plants began.

I crack up when I think about how far we have come when it comes to the sheer number of plants we own and how much better we care for them. We have so many little striving succulents around our house-though we still can't get any freaking tomatoes to grow!

How many plants do you own?

-Leah
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Holy cow Erin's long hair! I was all "who's that other girl??"

I have yet to plant anything! I'm hoping after my walls get covered. ;)

xo Lisa
Making Life's Lemons

Post a Comment