Friday, August 9, 2013

DIY gold honeycomb espresso cups

DIY honeycomb espresso cups DIY honeycomb espresso cups DIY honeycomb espresso cups DIY honeycomb espresso cups DIY honeycomb espresso cups
The stars seriously aligned in order for me to make these lovely cups. I had been thinking about trying out the ole' sharpie-on-ceramicware-then-baking craft and I have been in love with hexagons and honeycomb designs for quite some time. So when I stumbled across these adorable plain white Pier 1 espresso cups at Erin and I's favorite thrift store for only 2 dollars, I knew it was time to get busy. 
I did as instructed and drew on my design with my gold sharpie then I baked them at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. They seriously turned out so fantastically! Now all I need to do is find an espresso machine... though based on the fact that I found a kitchen aid mixer at our favorite store today it will only be a short amount of time before an espresso machine pops up. Good logic right? (did you catch the fact that I thrifted a kitchen aid mixer?? I was pretty excited)
Have you tried out the ole' sharpie-on-ceramicware-then-baking craft yet? What did you make?
-Leah
Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

Lisa said...

That's such a good idea! I've never heard of it before, but it's a sneaky trick to avoid that embarrassing--yeah, I did it with sharpie--moment. :)

xo Lisa
Making Life's Lemons

Unknown said...

I love this idea, I've seen a polka dot version on this that I wanted to try but the honeycombs are adorable!

New Follower :)

how-lovelyblog.blogspot.com

Post a Comment