Tuesday, June 4, 2013

if you could multiply your succulents...

0DSC_0634
0DSC_0641
succulents
0DSC_0646

I have taken our obsession love of succulents to a new level. A level I wasn't sure if I would ever get to, but alas, the day has come. It is a well known fact amongst my friends that I love succulents, so it should be of no surprise that I would take any chance to have even more.

The other day Erin and I popped into Dillons for a few apartment things, things like protein powder and such, and walked back out with our arms full of succulents. My personal favorite was the one called baby toes. It is seriously hysterical looking, but I am just getting off topic.

A long time ago I read this article about succulent propagation and fell in love with the idea of using my succulents to make even more succulents. An endless supply of the cutest plant species on earth? Yes please. At the time I didn't know when my dream would actually come true. But good news my friends, that day is today. Though I should note that the article said it will take months and only half will actually work IF I happened to do it right....

I'm excited anyways... I will keep you all updated:)

-(e plus) l

4 comments:

Lisa said...

GAH! I love those babies too! I'm buying some as soon as I move into my new place!

xo Lisa
Making Life's Lemons

sierrasavannah said...

i'm working on propagation too! good luck:)

Antonio Carlos Pereira JĂșnior said...

lol you're very funny. send me some "baby toes" please, I have never see around here! and take off those gloves, its very nice to feel the soil and keep your hands dirty.

cheryl canning said...

I love succulents to and I'm trying to learn how to do this I broke my back but I'm doing better after surgery I just love to work (play) with my plants, I wish I knew more about making them pomegranate I think I need a class LOL

Post a Comment