Friday, June 21, 2013

DIY chalkboard calendar

DIY chalk board calendar

When we are not busy blogging here on e plus l, erin and I both work as baristas at a place called Mojo's Coffee Bar (actually where we became friends and even where we thought of starting a blog!). It is really fun to work together, the problem is that we have completely opposite schedules most of the time! We decided it would be easier to keep track of each others work schedule if we had an awesome calendar to write it on. So I snagged up an old board, some painters tape, and some chalk paint and set off to work.

DIY chalk board calendar DIY chalk board calendar DIY chalk board calendar DIY chalk board calendar DIY chalk board calendar

I knew I wanted to have wood showing for my end result so I used it as a way to outline my calendar. I sectioned of my board with painters tape, added a few coats and a few details with white acrylic paint, and voila! A beautiful chalkboard calendar to keep track of each of our schedules. Sad though that the first thing we had to write is erin leaving me for 10 days...

- e plus l

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Ooohhh That's such a smart idea! I might try this. ;)

xo Lisa
Making Life's Lemons

Post a Comment