Thursday, June 20, 2013

graphic quote poster DIY

DSC_0006

While perusing pinterest the other day (story of my life...) I spotted this adorable looking bed nook from The Secret Life of Bee and I knew I had to recreate it in my room. I loved the simplicity of the black and white words on paper, but I didn't want to directly copy it so I switched to "Good  Morning Sunshine" for a little inspiration to get up in the morning.

In order to make mine I used an old piece of matte board, some acrylic paint, and with a little support from the DIY puppy I was ready!

graphic quote poster graphic quote poster DSC_0003 DSC_0007

All I did was choose my quote-I thumbed through a ton of mumford and sons and bon iver quotes before deciding that it was a little too cliche- and write it out in pencil on your matte board. Once I had it the way I wanted it I filled it in with acrylic paint! It was seriously so easy and I love the way it turned out. What did you do to decorate your egg nook? I was thinking about adding one of these next...

- e plus l

I ordered my picture poster through Snapfish

1 comments:

Anh | Feminine 23 said...

Aw so nice! The idea is simple and it turned out so good. Probably it was because your hand-writing is pretty for that :) Love this so much
It's hard to recognize that you did it with Acrylic because it looks so neat and clean

Post a Comment