Tuesday, July 2, 2013

leah's food adventures

P6249710 learning to feed myself learning to feed myself

Thank goodness Erin is home from her trip... I experienced a small dose of panic and shame when it came down to cooking the first full day without her. I came home from work, already a bit hungry, and threw open the doors of the refrigerator and cabinets. I could not think of a single combination of items I could put together for dinner. I began to freak out a little and I was feeling pretty pathetic. Can I really not cook for myself?? What happened to all of my dreams (according to pinterest) of being able to cook anything imaginable??

The feeling of shame came as I threw my dog into the car and sped to Taco Bell for a crunch wrap. As I sat by the window, professor jumping around on the seat next to me, waiting for them to hand my my greasy goodness, I realized the new low I had sank to. I knew something had to change. So I got home, took out my computer and dug up these recipes to try this week.: One Pot Wonder Tomato Basil Pasta and Corn Bean and Shrimp Salad.

Both ended up amazing and they were so easy to make. My inspiration to cook for myself has been reborn-I will no longer panic and drive through for fast food.

Did you try any new recipes this week?

-e plus l

0 comments:

Post a Comment