Monday, June 17, 2013

over the weekend//symphony in the flint hills

symphony in the flint hills symphony in the flint hills symphony in the flint hills symphony in the flint hills symphony symphony in the flint hills symphony in the flint hills symphony in the flint hills

On Saturday I left my little apartment family (erin and professor), while I headed out for one of David and I's new traditions-attending the Symphony in the Flint Hills. They looked pretty cozy when I left, Professor less so as he still had a cone on his head and was apparently being whiny about his paw all day. Poor guy, he and Erin bonded though (I could just tell).

Typically the Symphony is actually held somewhere in the rolling hills of the prairie but this year it was held on the military fort, Fort Riley. We were pretty close to my hometown and actually stopped in for a little while-though I really missed being out in the hills. We actually got to pop in to the new Discovery Center in Manhattan that I had never been to before! If you are in town... go. Seriously it was pretty cool.

Generally at the symphony you park and take a terrific hike through the prairie greeted by cowboys up on their tall horses the entire way. This year we walked along a paved road past the houses of the fort. Needless to say it was a very different experience but David and I still had a really good time enjoying the music (though David slept through a lot of it) and his parents company.

What did you do over the weekend?

-(e plus) l

We will announce the giveaway winner later today! Remember to enter!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment