Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Nutty Heart Brownies

To continue the Valentine's day theme, I present heart shaped brownies! I've been striking gold when it comes to finding heart shaped pans in every shape and size when I'm not even looking for them in the first place. I found three different ones just when I was home over Christmas Break!



These are some dense brownies. Dense delicious brownies. I've always loved Sprouted Kitchen, and when they posted this brownies recipe I thought it the perfect time to try out my newly thrifted heart shaped pan. I decided to add nuts in mine, along with changing the vanilla extract to almond to complement the nuttiness.



You need:
5 Tbsp unsalted butter
8 oz bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp almond extract
2 eggs
1/4 cup flour
a pinch of salt
1 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans, walnuts and almonds)

Preheat your oven to 350°. Line your hearts (or an 8 in pan) with parchment paper and grease it lightly. Melt the butter in a saucepan, then add in your chopped chocolate, stirring until it is completely melted.

Remove it from the stove and add in the almond extract and sugar, then beat in the eggs one at a time. Add everything else except for the nuts, and stir until it becomes smoother. Stir in nuts.



Pour into your pan, and bake for 25-30 minutes. (More like 20 if you are making hearts).



The hearts were so big for such hearty brownies that they were perfect to split between two people. Perfect for Valentines day, I might say. ;)

original post here

-e

Also, we've been nominated on Apartment Therapy for Best Home Project & DIY blog! If you could take a minute to go vote for us, it would be so appreciated! You have to sign up for an account, but it takes a total of maybe 30 seconds. Maybe. You'll have to scroll pretty far to the bottom of the list, but we're on there, we promise. Thanks so much everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment