Friday, January 4, 2013

Coconut Oil Sugar Scrub


I have struck gold. Coconut oil is the nectar of the gods. This scrub worked even better than I was hoping, and it is so easy! Just coconut oil and sugar. I was looking through lists of things to do with coconut oil, and this was one of the ideas.
Trader Joe's has coconut for pretty cheap- under six dollars a jar. There are no exact measurements for this, you just have to go with what feels right to you. I used about 3/4 of the jar of coconut oil, and just in a bowl kept mixing in sugar until I liked the consistency. My guess would be it was between 1 to 1 1/2 cups. Put it in a jar for safe keeping!
With this magical concoction all you do is scrub it on in the shower, then rinse off. It both exfoliates, and then moisturizes at the same time. For people like me with very dry skin, this was a heavensend. Who needs lotion if you hop out of the shower already perfectly moisturized!?

One word of caution, if you use this in the shower, be careful of making the tub really slick. I might recommend wiping it out when you're done so that you don't accidentally kill your housemates.
-e

0 comments:

Post a Comment