It's getting to be a bit colder around here lately. Thursday we got our first ice - some freezing rain - and even lost power for about half an hour! If that little bit of ice had that big of an effect, we should be in for an interesting winter. We're coming up to Thanksgiving break now, which I couldn't be more excited about! The break from classes is very welcome, but along with that I get to drive down to Texas to visit my sister! It will be nice to be in a warmer climate too. This ice is ridiculous. I can't handle extreme temperatures.
Anyways, with the end of the semester looming, I've been becoming more and more distracted. So, here are some of the gems of the internet that I've found recently.
- Speaking of road trips, I thought this list of 10 road trip essentials was helpful. Sometimes you forget the obvious things.
- I'm dying to try one of these Sparkling Pumpkin Cider Beertails.
- I found the best chocolate chip cookie recipe. Seriously. I'm going through these softbatch cream cheese chocolate chip cookies way too quickly. No shame.
- I've had my eye on some clear frame glasses since summer time when I saw a woman wearing them at the Carlsbad Caverns. It was love at first sight, and I wish I had asked her where they were from, because afterwards I couldn't find them anywhere! Recently though, I've found these two pairs [1, 2] that I'm drooling over.
- If you haven't heard this A Cappella cover of Royals, then you're missing out.
What are you looking forward to the most about Thanksgiving?