Monday, March 25, 2013

spring break: moseying around the home state

spring-break-at-home spring-break-at-home spring-break-at-home spring-break-at-home spring-break-at-home spring-break-at-home spring-break-at-home spring-break-at-home spring-break-at-home spring-break-at-home spring-break-at-home

Ah, what a relaxing and wonderful break this has been. Not from the blog of course, I missed it terribly. But a little break from the stresses of school is nice.

While Erin was traveling around by bus full of (wonderful) people, I spent mine quietly at home in Kansas. I spent most of my time cooped up in the art building kicking out projects, at the coffee shop working, or curled up at David's house, but I did do some traveling of my own.

For the first weekend of break my friend Becca and I drove up to Manhattan, she wanted to see her sister and I wanted to see my parents. I spend a lot of time running errands with my parents and going for walks with my mom, which was perfect. I miss my parents a lot during the year. On our last day in town Becca and I hit up some of my favorite spots around Manhattan including a trip to Bluestem Bistro-for some cafe au laits, blueberry muffins, and breakfast burritos-, a trip to mosey around Rockstar and Rodgers racks of used clothing, a trip to Rockstar and Rodgers new secondhand home store (which was amazing! I can't wait to go back with Erin) as well as other places around aggieville.

David and I spent lots of quality time together once I was back in Newton. Including some stops to some of our favorite places around Newton, like the breadbasket for the german buffet (varenike, sausage, and zwiebach) and Chongs of course. I swear David exists, he just won't let me take pictures of him.

And now we are ending break with a little snow. Hey wait... I thought it was spring?

-L.

1 comments:

Madeleine said...

Gosh...so many places that I miss.

Post a Comment